October 24th, 2022 by Christian Colasono
Day-to-day use of paper, toner, and other supplies is an everyday part of many businesses. The technology that supports that supply chain may be another story. Now is the time to think about how you can bring efficiency and flexibility into how your print fleet operates. With a single source provider as a partner, you will have access to the latest technologies and strategies, letting your organization stay competitive in today's marketplace.
Reasons why you may need a new technology partner:
- You have outgrown your current partner.
- You have a new business challenge.
- Your business model needs to change.
Consider the Full Cost of Managing Print Yourself
The decision to purchase or lease a multifunction device is not about one-time costs but the total cost of ownership over a long period of time. Other factors that could affect your business need to be taken into consideration, such as:
- Equipment and Software Replacements. If your current equipment is outdated or nearing its end-of-life date, this may be an opportune time to upgrade. However, if you're considering replacing older devices with newer models—or upgrading from one operating system (OS) version to another—there are additional costs to keep in mind. Training and new software configuration required for staff members using these devices can significantly add to the overall cost.
- Managing Staff. Managing and monitoring use of printers can take up valuable time better spent on other tasks related to running your business. Some companies have found that automating processes such as printing helps eliminate common errors like double-prints or color toner waste. As it eliminates manual steps where human error can occur most easily (such as forgetting which size paper is in each tray). Automation also lets IT teams focus on more strategic projects than managing printer settings around the clock, so they can stay focused on projects that actually drive revenue growth for their organizations.
Address Your Print Fleet With a Single Source Provider
The best way to address your print fleet is with a single source provider. They can help you streamline your spending and reduce costs, so you don’t have to worry about managing multiple vendors.
Define Your Core Business Challenges to Solve for Now and in the Future
- To start, you need to define your core business challenges to solve for now and in the future. What do you have or plan to have that needs technology? Think about what is happening with your business now and what may happen in the next few years.
- This basic exercise can help guide a conversation with your team so that you are all on the same page regarding technology needs. It may also reveal gaps or areas where more research is needed before making decisions about solutions.
Make Sure You’re Partnering With the Right Company
Before you begin exploring technology options, make sure you have identified the right company to partner with.
- Select a company that is a good fit for your business. When it comes to IT services and solutions, there are many vendors to choose from in every industry. Just because one vendor is capable of providing the technology doesn’t mean it is the best fit for your business. Ask yourself: Will this vendor be able to support my business and help us achieve our goals? Does this vendor understand our long-term vision and provide solutions that will allow us to meet those goals? Is this vendor willing to work with me as we develop our plan?
- Trust that the company will be there when you need them most. Technology changes quickly, so your IT strategy needs constant attention and adjustment if you want it to keep up with industry standards! If your current provider isn’t meeting those needs on an ongoing basis, then now may be time to consider switching providers and finding someone who can deliver more value (and maybe save money while doing so.)
It’s Time to Analyze What Solutions Are Best for Your Company
You are in charge. Not only do you need to make decisions about what solutions are best for your company, but you also need to be able to communicate those decisions effectively and confidently. And that doesn't happen overnight—it takes time, practice, and patience.
When deciding on a technology solution for your business:
- Ask questions! Do not be afraid of asking questions when it comes to technology because the more you know about how something works or how it will affect your business, the better off you will be.
- Do not be afraid to say no (or yes)! If someone recommends a solution that doesn't seem right for your company or if the price is too high, let them know that this isn't going to work out right now—but keep an open mind! You never know what might change in six months or even tomorrow morning when another option comes along at an affordable rate and remember: sometimes saying no is OK! It's better than being stuck with something expensive which isn't meeting all of your needs anyway!
- Do not forget about asking for help either; this includes asking other people with experience working with certain technologies before making any decisions yourself (older relatives might come in handy here.) You don’t want anyone else making tech decisions without knowing what their purpose is firsthand because some things aren’t worth spending money on unless we really need them!
- By analyzing your business needs and considering the full costs of printing on your own, you can make an informed decision about which technology option is right for you. Whether it’s a one-time investment or an ongoing relationship, choosing the right provider will help maximize efficiency, reduce costs and improve productivity in all areas of your organization.
Posted in: Managed Print Services